By rconrad3
Good morning everyone!

I have a local toy collector shop that has recently acquired a Matty PKE and is giving me first crack at purchasing. However, when they got it in everything worked but when I went to look at it yesterday it worked perfectly EXCPET for the sounds! They had the sounds working in a video they sent me but now no sound.

I held the top buttons together and sound didn't come on.

Could the sound go out if the batteries are dying, or would that only affect the lights and arms like I have been seeing all over the forum?
By ccv66
I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had problems with new cheap batteries that were 1.2v had to get 1.5v.

Batteries are definitely number one thing to check. Low voltage can affect alot
edspengler liked this
By DaveLister
rconrad3 wrote: March 28th, 2024, 9:51 am Good morning everyone!

I have a local toy collector shop that has recently acquired a Matty PKE and is giving me first crack at purchasing. However, when they got it in everything worked but when I went to look at it yesterday it worked perfectly EXCPET for the sounds! They had the sounds working in a video they sent me but now no sound.

I held the top buttons together and sound didn't come on.

Could the sound go out if the batteries are dying, or would that only affect the lights and arms like I have been seeing all over the forum?
All I can tell you is to use fresh Duracell Optimum batteries. Also, hold the 2 top buttons down til you hear the beeping, should take five to ten seconds. I use Optimum batteries for everything in the house, from PKE meter to tricorders to lightsabers. The Matty PKE is more of a prop and needs that power. I've had them in my PKE for close to three years now, with no power drain. Same for the Matty trap, but those I take out and put in every so often. Hope this helps!
By One time
I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the battery is low usually the wings won’t work or it won’t turn on at all. I’ve not heard of everything working normally but there being no sound.

If for some reason the two buttons (that are used to silence it) jam or are inoperative, it should default to sound ON if the batteries are taken out and put back in.

Keep us updated
By ShandorMiningCo
Depending on the price, it might be worth snatching it up anyway - It's a high quality prop replica and they don't come along every day, even if the sound isn't working right now (and these suggestions don't work) it's still a nice piece to have for display and/or cosplay.
DaveLister liked this
By rconrad3
They had it listed for $275 but with the sounds not working they said I could have it for $200. I did hold the top two buttons in and it didn't beep. They said when it came in the sounds worked and now they couldn't get them to work so dropped the price for me. I am still on the fence and haven't gone back with batteries to test. If I do, I will come back and let you know!
ShandorMiningCo liked this

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]